Garden Tractor Forums banner
501 - 507 of 507 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,145 Posts
Thanks for the videos and posts Larry! We have a similar but smaller garbage disposal. My wife has adopted a family of crows. They make short work of all the scraps we don’t want to put in the composter. A new tool store is always a fun time. I recently found a farm supply store where you’d never expect one. They had GT tires, Cat 0 3pt hitch fittings, Agra fab attachments and carts, feed, fencing and a lot of stuff from smokers to chicken coops. The strange part is the store is on the outskirts of the city in an affluent area where there is no farming going on. It was a nice find and I need to go back and take another look. I hope it’s still there when I go back and it wasn’t just a mirage in this GT desert!

Reactions: larrybl and KennyP

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,689 Posts
Looks good. If you have an extra large garbage bag you can cut a hole for your head and two more for your arms to make an inexpensive splash apron. Another option would be a cheap shower curtain - trim it to size, add a neck strap and a back tie to hold it in place to keep the splash back off of you - just a couple of suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
55,641 Posts
My youngest daughter is smoking a turkey in near foggy conditions. She does a good job of it!

Reactions: larrybl

·
Texas Member
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
After action report. It was good. I was concerned about over cooking the brisket so I went with temperature. Lessons learned, Don't marinade for almost 48 hours, Was more salty than I liked. And it could have stood another hour or so on the smoker. Also I need to find a recipe for the sauce they use at brisket places. I rate this one as a 5-6 out of 10. No one complained, these are my observations. The meal overall was a success.

Attachments

501 - 507 of 507 Posts