Garden Tractor Forums banner
541 - 560 of 569 Posts

· Texas Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #543 ·
I think the water is too low, Check out the boat dock in this google map photo. They replaced the washed out bridge on the Leon river at Mother Neff, and made a nice access area to under the new bridge. This will be a nice spot once the river gets back to normal. Looks like they stocked the Mcgregor park pond last month.

Attachments

· Texas Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Not feeling like working on RED right now. I hope this isn't an omen for 2023. My Son's car again. I wish he had bought something I could work on. This has a supercharged, fuel injected V6.

Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

· A Little Off Plumb
9,894 Posts
You could clamp the 2" hex nut in the jaws of the vise so the cylinder is centered (stand the cylinder upright) and then use your crescent wrench or pipe wrench jaws on the other end where the pin hole is if they will fit there. Another option would be to stick a piece of round stock in the pin hole and gently try turning the barrel of the cylinder with the round stock piece. You might have to lay your vise on its side so you have more leverage to try and get break the nut loose.

Just suggestions that may help and save you a few dollars.

· A Little Off Plumb
9,894 Posts
You may be able to fill the gouged area up with solder or brazing rod if you can get the metal clean enough as there will be oil embedded into it. Using bronze rod or solder will allow you to keep the temperature relatively cool and should not damage the finish on the piston if you are careful. If you can get the area built up you can then use a fine file and fine emery or crocus cloth to smooth the built up area. If you leave the gouged area it will just tear up a new seal as it will be a spot that retains dirt and debris - just my thoughts.

· Texas Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #560 ·
I have it fully torn down, and may have issues. I need to put it back together to see if I get several check balls installed correctly. Tear down Videos are posted if you want to watch them.

Took a break from it to solve a different problem. My press handle tends to roll off the bench and make a racket when it hits the floor.

Attachments

541 - 560 of 569 Posts