Garden Tractor Forums banner

A Texas update

25855 Views 635 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  larrybl
Hi all! Been off-line (literally) for the last 4 days. Started with the black-outs sometimes lasting 2-1/2 hours off and 20 minuets on. We are still with intermittent power, but not as bad now. Then on day 2 the water quit. Not frozen, just no power to pump it into the tower. I have learned several things the past few days.

1. A 20-gallon garbage can full of snow makes 5 gallons of water (For flushing only).
  2. Ice sickles can reach 3' in length!
  3. I hate using the smart phone.
  4. It's still cold!

Things I don't understand.

1. Why are Stadium lights, and City sky-lines more critical than our homes for power.

Things I believe.

1. Covid-19 and Green Power is playing a major role in Global Cooling.

Supposed to be back in the 70's next week here.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 5
601 - 620 of 636 Posts
The door still has wind issues, I have added more weight, 1/2 pound or so in large washers and will see how that goes. No room for a latch, and I don't want to make it too hard to push open as the door is flimsy. Looks haunted.

I haven't used the Heinz 57 push mower in over three years. I need it to mow a specific area, let's see if I can get it running.

Heinz 57 push mower part 2. This thing is putting up a fight.

I will not give up on this, I have owned it too long. It pre dates my Tractor affliction.

Last couple days have been a marathon of mowing, great weather, but ran into an issue. Thankfully it was discovered when cleaning RED up.

Trying to remove the steering sector on a 1990 Craftsman 917.254450. Not an easy task. Pulled the dash tower, and now I have to remove the fender pan to access two bolts hidden under it to remove the steering shaft support. Fun Fun. You will never beleave what the problem was, hint, the screw was still tight.

I believe that when I got to time stamp 4.00 of that video I would have gotten out the 4.5 inch grinder with a cut off wheel. Cut off what was necessary to release the shaft, made my repair then welded it back.
Don
Reactions: 1
I believe that when I got to time stamp 4.00 of that video I would have gotten out the 4.5 inch grinder with a cut off wheel. Cut off what was necessary to release the shaft, made my repair then welded it back.
Don
Thought about it. :rolleyes:
Almost have RED fixed.

Sorry to hear about the loss of Sam - looks like he had a lot of fun and love during his stay on earth.
Things to keep my mind off other things.

Supposed to rain the next 4 - 5 days. The grass / clover wasn't thick, but RED bogged down with how packed the shallow deck got. Pouring rain today.

Not out of it yet.

Attachments

See less See more
Made it through Wednesday's storms. More coming this Friday.
Pea size hail here. Had some neighbors move in this afternoon.

Attachments

See less See more
Fixed a leaking air tank.

Neighbor is still out of town dealing with medical issues. I spent 6+ hours edging and mowing their yard. Dump run tomorrow, and I'll edge my yard tomorrow, and mow it Wednesday. Rain and storms start again Thursday through the weekend. Plenty of exercise This week for Me, RED and the Poulon pro this week.
Basically I got a new battery for $8.00.

The results of the last three days of mowing and edging.

601 - 620 of 636 Posts