Garden Tractor Forums banner
141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Same here, Larry.! High humidity, low wind and near 100F.

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Lots of SPF-50, and covered my head, ears, and neck. Just walking around to take pictures had sweat rolling down my back.

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Mule wire harness is not looking good. there is one wire completely burnt off the regulator connector. I think this explains the random red wire bodge. Also, I think the connector pins are molded into the connector and can't be removed. Working on a plan to fire the engine with-out the harness to test the engine.

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
I don't want to throw a bunch of $$$ into it before I here it run. I am working on prepping the engine to be started. There are only four electrical connections to the engine, Alternator, Oil Temp sensor, Neutral position switch, and kill wire. I have multi-meters connected to monitor the Alternator and Oil temp sensor, and the kill switch is connected. Oil and filter is changed, All I need to do is connect the Temp gas tank and add gas and hope the carb float works. Too hot right now to open the shop up for a test run. Maybe this evening when the sun goes down.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Woo Hoo! Got the front of the shop cleared! Had to install the rear shocks, and he put new tires on it. Still needs to take it to a muffler shop.

Also, used up my tire plug kit. These will have to do till I can afford new tires

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
I rolled the mule outside this morning and removed the tires. I scrubbed everything down with Dawn dish soap and a large scrub brush. He is back in the shop now. I plan to touch paint the frame and floor pan. I re-replenished my plug kit. I will fill a tub with water and try and find the last leak in the tire with 14 plugs. Working on cleaning the plastic parts. Some can be repaired, some will need replaced.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Thanks Larry. My issue with videos as too many folks want to move the camera way to fast, nearly making me seasick!

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Yes, I know Brandon too. I have been mounting mine to a tri-pod for the most part to keep the quick movements down. I mounted the camera at 22 seconds in on the tire plug video. I'm still a video amateur though.

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Full day on the Mule, Just closed the shop up and turned the A/C's on at 4:30. I started the morning by filling a large tub with water to find the remaining leaks in the tire, I'll report tomorrow if the "Death by a thousand pin holes" has been avoided. While the water hose was out I removed the Gas tank, Engine air filter, and Transmission filter and touched up the frame in that area. I then proceeded to clean the filter housings and associated hoses. Once that was done and brought in I decided to try and free up the hood latch cable. Using the vice to hold the spring back so I can periodically squirt PB and WD into the ends.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Very little Mule work today. I needed to make a garbage dump run, and pick up some shop supplies. When I got home we had a call that the building mover would be here shortly to get the 30 year old blue building. I had no clue that it would be a Volunteer Fire Fighter with a very sketchy trailer. I ended up helping him with jacks and tools, (I wanted the eye sore building gone). The trailer was extremely over loaded and he had to jack it up and put 2X4 spacers under the axles to get the fenders off the tires. I an surprised the building didn't fall apart.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Still trying to free up the hood latch cable. 24 hours in a gas bath only seemed to make it stiffer. I try 24 hours in Evapo-rust and see what happens.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·

Attachments

141 - 160 of 184 Posts