Mule wire harness is not looking good. there is one wire completely burnt off the regulator connector. I think this explains the random red wire bodge. Also, I think the connector pins are molded into the connector and can't be removed. Working on a plan to fire the engine with-out the harness to test the engine.
I don't want to throw a bunch of $$$ into it before I here it run. I am working on prepping the engine to be started. There are only four electrical connections to the engine, Alternator, Oil Temp sensor, Neutral position switch, and kill wire. I have multi-meters connected to monitor the Alternator and Oil temp sensor, and the kill switch is connected. Oil and filter is changed, All I need to do is connect the Temp gas tank and add gas and hope the carb float works. Too hot right now to open the shop up for a test run. Maybe this evening when the sun goes down.
I rolled the mule outside this morning and removed the tires. I scrubbed everything down with Dawn dish soap and a large scrub brush. He is back in the shop now. I plan to touch paint the frame and floor pan. I re-replenished my plug kit. I will fill a tub with water and try and find the last leak in the tire with 14 plugs. Working on cleaning the plastic parts. Some can be repaired, some will need replaced.
Yes, I know Brandon too. I have been mounting mine to a tri-pod for the most part to keep the quick movements down. I mounted the camera at 22 seconds in on the tire plug video. I'm still a video amateur though.
Full day on the Mule, Just closed the shop up and turned the A/C's on at 4:30. I started the morning by filling a large tub with water to find the remaining leaks in the tire, I'll report tomorrow if the "Death by a thousand pin holes" has been avoided. While the water hose was out I removed the Gas tank, Engine air filter, and Transmission filter and touched up the frame in that area. I then proceeded to clean the filter housings and associated hoses. Once that was done and brought in I decided to try and free up the hood latch cable. Using the vice to hold the spring back so I can periodically squirt PB and WD into the ends.
Very little Mule work today. I needed to make a garbage dump run, and pick up some shop supplies. When I got home we had a call that the building mover would be here shortly to get the 30 year old blue building. I had no clue that it would be a Volunteer Fire Fighter with a very sketchy trailer. I ended up helping him with jacks and tools, (I wanted the eye sore building gone). The trailer was extremely over loaded and he had to jack it up and put 2X4 spacers under the axles to get the fenders off the tires. I an surprised the building didn't fall apart.
The Texas 50th Tractor and Engine show is Less than a Month away, I decided to clean and lube my "Butt Buggy" for this year. Neighbor is letting me borrow his larger trailer so I'll be taking BOH "1988 Craftsman II" and Old Girl "1978 Roper 20T.