Garden Tractor Forums banner
161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
I had to order the Grill and left fender panels as they were non-repairable. The remaining panels had various cracks and missing fastener tabs. I have been chopping up the non-repairable panels for bits to repair the other panels (every one had some type of damage. I think the hood is the last item to repair. The hinge tabs were broke off. The hardest part to this is getting the panel configured so the epoxy stays where it needs to be. I am on my third tube of epoxy.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Well, more parts on order, The choke cable is still frozen after 2 days in Evapo-rust. I ordered it, and a hood latch cable and a headlight housing. (I forgot the housing on the 1st order with the headlights). I am hoping the new lenses come with bulbs as these look proprietary. Still cleaning, repairing, painting more parts like the clove box and fender brackets. The bumper bracket is in bad shape, and I priced it. New is $380, used is $200, I'll be attempting a repair on this one (new video on this).
Had an opportunity to open the shop and finish touch-up on the back frame.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Another Mule update, I was planning to town tomorrow to get the sheet rubber for the mud flaps, now I have to go as I got a fraud alert on my card and have to stop at the bank to get a new card. Was a Uber charge for $60 from California.

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
I didn't like how the inside of the gas tank looked, so I caped off all the vents and dumped 3 gallons of Evapo-rust in. I'll leave this inverted till Saturday and flip it for another 48 hours. I'll rinse with Acetone when I am done.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
This took more paint than I thought. A trip to town tomorrow for 2 cans of gloss, and one can of flat. Also some wax paper as I need to flop the ROPS over to do the other side.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Too many irons in the fire today. 2016 Mule is coming together, New gas cans suck, Getting the 1978 Roper 20T ready to display an an upcoming show, and plans for the 2011 Craftsman GT.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
That battery has been around a while!

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
That battery has been around a while!
Yep, it hasn't been used or abused so I am still trying to revive it. Looking OK for now on a 6 Amp trickle charge for a couple days. Load test will tell if I need to take it in for a core and replace it. Nice to have a fresh battery around.

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
First off, I have no welding skills, second, these panels are available for around $180 each. My thought was to cut on the fold and remove the bottom strip, then JB Weld some flat stock to the remaining bottom edge. Alternately, remove the whole bottom lip and bolt some angle iron to the bed walls.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Well, after some thought, the bed bottom is in very good shape. I considered just using it as a flat bed, then I thought it might be cool to make a wood box with 10" X 8' treated boards. I am liking this thought as the box didn't have a tail gate, If I use wood, I can make a new tail gate. Now the front panel in in good shape, so the decision will be to use the front panel and make wood sides, or just make a all wood box.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
The floor and headboard look good. To get 10" side you need 12" lumber.

Reactions: IHCubCadet147

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Bought some 10 X 8 boards for the Mule's carrier box. Completely forgot that 10 X 8's are only 9" wide, So... I made some new ramps for the new shed. I had some non-slip adhesive strips that I stapled down and lowered the ground instead of trying to cut a sharp angle on the boards. The transition in to the shed is seamless now. The metal ramps will be used at the work shop so to get the mule in and out.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Mule parts are supposed to be here Monday. I spent the day troubleshooting issues with my Son's Buick. The radiator overflow keeps emptying after a test drive. I went to town and picked up 2 more gallons of antifreeze. Put the pop-up up for shade and removed the overflow tank. I filled it with water and plugged the hose and let it set for several hours while I investigated the 2nd issue. The tank was fine, so I re-installed it and filled with antifreeze 50/50.
The second issue is a Code P0203 and P0303 which is a miss-fire in cylinder #3. I hooked my spark tester up and it has a healthy spark. I disconnected the injector wires and was investigating how to replace the injector on line. Looks like the whole fuel rail for all 6 injectors has to be removed. I put things back together and ran the engine for about 1/2 hour. No miss, and the overflow tank is still full. I'll check it again tomorrow and have him give it another test drive.

Note, I cleared the codes, and it has a can of sea foam in the tank.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
The wire brushing on the Mule bed took a toll on my 40+ year old electric drill. When it spun down it howled something fearse. I loaded it up with grease and it sounds good again and should last another 40 years.

Attachments

161 - 180 of 184 Posts