Garden Tractor Forums banner

A Texas update

40K views 752 replies 20 participants last post by  larrybl 
#1 ·
Hi all! Been off-line (literally) for the last 4 days. Started with the black-outs sometimes lasting 2-1/2 hours off and 20 minuets on. We are still with intermittent power, but not as bad now. Then on day 2 the water quit. Not frozen, just no power to pump it into the tower. I have learned several things the past few days.

1. A 20-gallon garbage can full of snow makes 5 gallons of water (For flushing only).
  2. Ice sickles can reach 3' in length!
  3. I hate using the smart phone.
  4. It's still cold!

Things I don't understand.

1. Why are Stadium lights, and City sky-lines more critical than our homes for power.

Things I believe.

1. Covid-19 and Green Power is playing a major role in Global Cooling.

Supposed to be back in the 70's next week here.

Attachments

See less See more
#348 ·
For the paint on your hands, use lacquer thinner. Removes spray bomb paint real good. Then soap & water. Regular paint thinner works if it's still fresh and hasn't dried.

Reactions: larrybl
#354 ·
When I broke in the one I bought, I let it run at one speed for a half hour or so, then changed the throttle setting either higher or lower during that 3 hour time. I would get an 1/8" pipe nipple and cap to extend that oil drain out.

#357 ·
I have an issue with the 2016 Mule, gas in the oil. I Did some research and this seems to be a common issue, but no real solutions. Most start with the fuel pump, but that didn't seem to solve their issue. I think the pressure in the gas tank may be a separate cause. There is a check valve, and carbon canister also connected to the gas tank. The gas cap is not vented. I'll need to check those out also.

#358 ·
Since the cap is not vented, warmer temps may be pushing fuel past the needle seat through the carb. Install an inline shut-off and see if that helps.

#361 ·
After 6 hours of yard work yesterday of edging the fence line, and very dusty mowing with RED, I am taking it easy today. I did get fresh oil and filter installed on the Mule, and remembered that I was given a vacuum tester specifically designed to check the carburetor float valve for leakage. I may try this out this afternoon. Still waiting on the new fuel pump and carburetor.

Gauge Motor vehicle Measuring instrument Scale Gas