Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helped a freind (Larry) haul home an Amigo Saturday morning.

It's not all there but ..... still it's an Amigo.

Turns out this tractor has been sitting in a machine shed for several years about a mile from my home and no one knew about it.

I would have been trying to get it a long time ago.

Main problem is someone removed the trans/axle cover and seat and the motor is missing.

We cleaned out the trans/axle and filled it with ATF and let it soak. It is gradually freeing up and turning.

This is the first time I have seen one and how it functions. I'm impressed and surprised that this design wasn't continued.

Larry isn't sure what to do with it and is needing to find more info and hoping to find some one with parts. If anyone could point him in the right direction he would appreciate the help.

It's a little rough as the pics will show.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,686 Posts
Nice, amazing how good the tires look, Noel

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I like the simple dual brake setup, pretty nifty!

Looks to be pretty heavy, hopefully you can get it all cleaned up.

I was at the neighbors recently as they let our photographer use it for small picture sessions. They have one old barn there, I looked in the window...I see a bunch of old furniture and I saw either some small field tractors or implements, they've been farming there since 1958 so could be some pieces of gold hidden there.

·
Simplicity Enthusiast
2,385 Posts
Very neat find! It's always a thrill to turn up some previously un-found rare iron like that.

When I purchased my Amigo 99, the seller, who I've known for a while, chatted about the large estate auction he purchased it from (collector Aaron Davis). Mr Davis has some posts here, and his story has been published by L&GT mag. His family built these, and I'm told PALLETS of nos parts were sold at the auction. Some were grab-bag boxes of mixed parts, others were pallets with identical parts. I'm unsure what all sold, but he claimed it was all scooped up. There has to be some Amigo collectors sitting on these, and willing to help another Amigo get back up and running.

They are amazingly constructed tractors, and their demise was a detriment to everything L&G!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.