Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tractorholic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law has a LGT 125 closed side that has a single hyd value for the implement lift as normal. As referenced in the repower thread, the tractor is simply a "grunt" with a front blade (hyd raise and lower). He was recently given a hyd dump bed from a welding shop and one of the employees is helping him make a pull behind trailer frame for it. A hyd cyl came with as well.

He understands it would best served keeping it as a hyd dump. He would like to add another hyd valve and run hyd hoses out the rear with couplers to meet the hoses coming off the hyd cylinder from the dump bed.

To accomplish this task with the current machine, would he need to acquire another standard hyd valve used on Ford LGT machines? If so, how would the valves be "stacked" to basically have 2 handles running independent of one another; one for the implement cyl and one for the rear hyd couplers? If there is any other system that would work or if anyone else has ever put rear hydraulics on their machine, I would love to pass along photos to him to help him in his build.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your comments.

Reactions: chieffan

·
Super Moderator
6,552 Posts
If you could find a used not running ford or Jacobsen with the optional front hydraulic ports, it would have all the parts needed to put into the tractor. There is a cut out in the plastic for the second handle. Just run the lines to the rear instead of to the front.
I use the front ports to run my snowblower chute.
Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
I was going to do that on my 165 closed side, but my valve needs rebuilt. Page 104-105 shows the kit that is NLA now.

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
Probably cheaper and lot less trouble to put an electric pump on the trailer to run the dump cylinder. 12 V to the back of the tractor with a plug and your set to go. Could mount the pump on the tractor and run hyd. lines to the trailer. Could use the hydraulics for other equipment that way.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
you could go with an automotive power steering pump run off the front of the motor. A centrifugal or electric clutch would help with starting loads. I used a dodge caravan pump on my crawler and it makes more that enough pressure and flow to lift the beast off the ground. I went with an under frame mount with a short belt drive. I built an auxiliary tank below the front of the hood that adds a gallon of capacity. there is a motorcycle oil cooler in the grill for a bit of extra cooling. Fittings and hoses were cheap at Princess Auto. This only worked on my crawler because I removed the front axle. A wheeled tractor application may require more fabrication.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
If you look at the hydro cylinder under the tractor,
You will see that it is a bit small the a dump trailer no?
I think you may need more flow and capacity for the dump cylinder.
Have already got a cylinder for the trailer?
What size is it?

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.