Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Always on the Hunt
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad on CL, selling a 1975 MF 12. As I opened the ad, and saw the pictures, I thought someone has done a nice restoration. Not this time. The seller bought this one brand new, in 1975, in his old home town of Sweet Water TN. He is just a stickler for maintenance and upkeep. Every other year, the mower deck was removed, cleaned and repainted on the underside to help prevent corrosion. The deck spindles didnt have grease fittings, so he added them. The engine oil was changed twice a year during regular use. . The only thing he ever had to replace was the electronic ignition, and had the seat professionally recovered. It has NEVER been painted. The tires have never been changed. The anti-freeze and tubes were added within a couple of months from when he purchased it, and they are also original.

I couldnt contain my excitement when I went to check it out. The crazy thing is, it sat on CL for the whole time, and expired. Not one person went and looked at it. His asking price was $890, which is an odd price, but maybe being that close to $900 scared some people away. I went hoping to talk him down, which I did, and feel like I would have gotten a good deal, even if I had to pay the asking price. Its one nice machine, and these pics do not do it justice. I actually mowed with it when I got it home. It has now been detailed, and the deck is removed, and Ive been riding it in my local Christmas parades.

Enjoy the pics of this fine example of well preserved history.

Attachments

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Wow! That is one great looking tractor! Congratulations on an awesome find!

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
That's just plain beatiful.

Sure is nice to see that. I hope he made you promise that you'd look after it as well as he did.

Thanks for sharing this.

·
Always on the Hunt
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't seen it on cl our I might have bought it.
It was on there about 2 months ago. Im just slow at posting on here. It was listed in Shelby, but actually in Boiling Springs NC

·
Super Moderator
54,377 Posts
That is one nice tractor. Hard to believe it's not repainted. Looks great. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
It sure looks like a clean, well cared for GT!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Sweet! It's nice to see one in that condition. The tractor is a tribute to good design and regular maintenance. It sounds like it's got a good home with you. Enjoy!!

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Wow,that is some nice looking tractor. Are you sure it hasn't had a re-paint?It looks way too good to be original.

·
Tractorholic
1,711 Posts
Very nice machine. Well taken care of. You just dont see many old gts that well kept.

·
Tractorholic
8,365 Posts
Another great looking machine you got there
And a great price too !! Any homeowner who would would buy something that like over anything new under $2k would be so much better off in the years of service that that one will still give !!! Al

1 - 20 of 25 Posts