Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cub Cadet Collector
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little info. here guys. I just put the snowblower on the AMF,but I don't have a belt for it. I looked in my parts manual but I can't find the length of it. Does anybody happen to know how long it is?

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
If it is a Massey Ferguson part# 51127M1 then it is a 1/2" x 102" V-belt, other part#,s are A100, or 4L1020. this is also the same belt for the mower decks on the MF10's and MF12's.

·
Cub Cadet Collector
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris: Yea, it is essentially the same as a MF10. 102" seems a little long???? but I'm not real sure. Are you saying I can use the mower belt on the snowblower?

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Chris: Yea, it is essentially the same as a MF10. 102" seems a little long???? but I'm not real sure. Are you saying I can use the mower belt on the snowblower?
That is what it says. I don't know first hand as I have never tried it. My MF12 is still in pieces lol.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
There are 3 versions of the snow blower that fits the MF10 or 12

The first, earliest version is a front mount, the belt goes forward to the blower and the main mounting bracket attaches to the front bumper. Blower hangs off the front a lot.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Asphalt Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

The next type is also front mount, drive belt goes forward off the crank, the main mounting bracket bolts to the frame just behind the front bumper. Blower hangs closer to the front bumper than the earlier version.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery Automotive design

The last or newest version mounts underneath the tractor and the drive belt attaches where the mower belt does. Only picture I have of it.

Wheel Tire Tractor Automotive tire Vehicle

3 different blowers, 3 different belts.

Top - 1032843M1 > 72"

Middle- 1035690M1 > 62"

Bottom- 511275M1 > 103"

Attachments

·
Cub Cadet Collector
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I had no idea they made three different blowers for the 10 and 12. I have a Massey Furguson 620 Snowblower and the belt goes forward from the crank to the blower.

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
DH1... It just goes to show you that you never know it all! I have never seen that bumper mount style blower ever! Very interesting set up for sure, although it really hangs out there, Eh? I need to save those photos to my computer, thanks!

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
PS... I had posted a 64" belt that I bought, but the 62" might be the right one. I had bought two belts and the 64" fit the best. Although, now seeing the 62" posting... I remember that the top side of my belt is very close to the idle pulley no matter how I adjust the blower. A shorter belt may fix that. I had used a small piece of rope to measure the distance and used that to find a belt at tractor supply.

PS... it;s still snowing like mad! Can't wait to really give the tractor a run for her money in the morning!

Reactions: LTD

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
DH1... It just goes to show you that you never know it all! I have never seen that bumper mount style blower ever! Very interesting set up for sure, although it really hangs out there, Eh? I need to save those photos to my computer, thanks!
Almost everyday on this site I learn something new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts