Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tractor was running and it had a wiring problem meltdown and blew fuses. any idea where to start. Thanks

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Depending how bad the damage is you should just make a new harness. Not hard for that machine. You can get the wiring diagram in the MF14 service manual

·
Junk Whisperer
1,443 Posts
Sorry, My computer has been down, But if your tractor is indeed a AMF model 1414 ,the wire harness is totally different that the MF-14. The AMF 1014 is the same as the MF-14. If your tractor has a single speed hydro,(not a two speed shift on the rear end, located between your legs while on your seat.) You have a 1414. Also note that the 1414 has solid state ignition,the 1014 has points. If you can not find a wire diagram for your 1414 ask the in the Economy Power king section,they will have a diagram for solid state ignition kohlers. hope this helps. Shawn

Reactions: caseguy

·
Tacos!
1,082 Posts
I would start with your ignition wires, if it was something else the chances of it killing the tractor are lessened. I don't know anything about your specific model however.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
R Miller said:
tractor was running and it had a wiring problem meltdown and blew fuses. any idea where to start. Thanks
Charging systems can be one of the common culprits for that kind of trouble. Faulty ignition switches can cause havoc as well. What part of the wiring harness got fried?

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help. what fried mostly is it keeps blowing fuses and it melted a couple of wires to ign. switch. Will install a new switch and trace some of wires. Thanks again

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. I will check a few more things and i wonder if part of problem was ign. switch. Also going to test solid state unit if i can. Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts