Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
When you log on you have the choice to log in as "anonymous." I am guessing that when you check that box it will show "anonymous" and not your username in the list of currently active members.

·
GT Lunatic
5,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wondering. I can understand "guest" members to a point. Just having trouble wrappin' my head around the "anonymous" ones.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
I'm with you on that one. I wonder why anyone would want to log in anonymously. I'm sure there is a good explanation for it. I've never looked to see if anonymous members are on.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I think we might have some members that owe other members money?

I'm kidding.
Sorry... Cheque is in the mail.... hold your breath till it shows up... :smilewink: BTW a addy would help .. :beer:

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
I don't remember if it is forum runner, or tapa talk; one of them causes the member's profile to show their last active time as "private." I am not sure if that also causes them to count as anonymous.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I had to sign out to see what members see as far as the anonymous members. Mods can see who is flying under the radar. I can see it being useful to use when you're simply too tired to want to get caught in a conversation & just wanna read at your leisure.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I had to sign out to see what members see as far as the anonymous members. Mods can see who is flying under the radar. I can see it being useful to use when you're simply too tired to want to get caught in a conversation & just wanna read at your leisure.
If they post under the wire does it show their real name the next time around on that post? Seems kinda shady to me if they can post like that...

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I'm pretty sure their name displays as normal immediately once they make a post.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Remember " Invasion of the Body Snatchers"? You'll never know until you speak to one of them--- shreik, scream!!
Yeah, you'll know a "Pod Person" right away, they just stare blankly at you when you describe in detail how you plowed your driveway with a GT, I know lot's of 'em! And if you find that big green thing in your shed.... Don't go to sleep!

·
912 Posts
I figured it out. These are the members who own tractors that they paint "Green & Yellow" when they aren't John Deeres. You see that quite often around here. When I first got my Wheel Horse it was painted like that. I asked my uncle who painted it and he couldn't tell me.

·
Procrastinators unite tomorrow
1,417 Posts
It was requested by the US Marshall service a while back, something about the witness protection program, really :D

·
912 Posts
Ok....who are you really?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts