Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I found another one on Kijiji for $400.He didn't know what he had,its rough around the edges but nothing too bad. The fender pan was the worst. Wouldn't turn over or anything when I looked at it.We settled on a lesser price and I headed home with her.No pics as of yet. Too busy getting it up and running. Which I just got accomplished. I will post pics of her tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Awesome. Glad you saved another one. That is great you were able to score a better deal and get it running already. I don't think too many of them have fender pans that are not bent up. I don't know if it is because they cover so much of the tire and stick out in the back more than most. Does it have a 3pt? Please post pics when you get a chance.

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Enough of the $400 MF's already. Those puppies are $1,500 plus around here.
I paid $400 for my running 1855 with mowing deck and rear 5' blade :poke: :poke: :D

·
Super Moderator
6,261 Posts
You guys are nasty, Noel

Reactions: NUTNDUN

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Sounds like you did a-ok to me!

Not being nasty, just doing our part in fighting inflation.
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

And our cat needs some attention, anyway. He is due to be stroked a little bit.

Ben W.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys,not as good as deal as my first 1655 but that deal only happens once in a lifetime. The fender pan has not a dent in it,but full of rust holes all across the top. Missing the 3ph cylinder and lower arms. I have extras so that's no big deal.The cylinder needs resealed,so,i guess I better get on that asap.And the PTO shaft is missing all together.One back tire leaks down too.

·
299 Posts
I paid $250 for my 1855 with rear PTO and 3 point, also had a newer P220 in it. The guy threw in a tiller that he thought fit it but it was for an MF12, that was OK because I have a MF12 also. I left the mower deck there because it was owner fabricated and I didnt need another mowing machine and I only bought it to build a loader for it. Still kicking myself for not taking the deck because it had the gearbox and driveshaft that could have been used for other projects, live and learn! Its definitely the best deal I got so far, I would say anything saveable is worth at least what you paid, Congrats!

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys can rain on my parade all month long, I still think I did alright. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
You guys can rain on my parade all month long, I still think I did alright. Lol
Oh, we aren't making fun of your deal, it's towards Cat's comment, you did well.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's all good.So I will be looking for a gas tank for this one,need one back tire or maybe just a tube will get me by for now.I got the fender pan changed this afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
54,359 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the forum! Not many of those around here!

Reactions: Rockytop

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Where do you guys find these tractors? I watch Craigslist and several forums but never see any of the MF/Snapper tractors. Is it because of my location (East TN)?
Around here the Snappers are sitting in folks backyards with other "stuff". Only problem is they don't come up for sale very often and I'm not a door knocker anyway. Besides my wife says I have my limit and I love her even more than the GTs.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where do you guys find these tractors? I watch Craigslist and several forums but never see any of the MF/Snapper tractors. Is it because of my location (East TN)?
Well, around here,they come up for sale in spurts.One month there will be 2 or 3 for sale then go for months without seeing any. And i've learned not to hesitate when you do find one. Lol But the better half has warned me about my addiction. I just keep saying this is the last one hun (for now).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts