Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new (to me) saw came today. There has been a couple of them floating around here that other members own. So when I saw this one I had to go after it.

Its a 3500 Bolens chainsaw that the seller said ran. With getting stuff off eBay you never know. But was real happy after some gas and oil got put in it and 3 pulls and it was idling away! Even found a chunk of wood to run it in but the chain is dull. IMG_20140506_183948_124.jpg IMG_20140506_184003_207.jpg IMG_20140506_184018_020.jpg

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Nice score. When I was a young'un in Maine, we had various Bolens saws, all of which were too big and heavy for my puny butt.

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So your the one who got it! :D

I had it in my watch list but since I have this model I let it go.

This is the 3500 right?
Yup its a 3500. The one I have has the aluminum exhaust/muffler on it, yours has a tin one on it. Do you think that it would be a difference in years?

I don't have any literature for the Bolens saws so this is all a little new to me.

Reactions: MyBolens1053

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Yup its a 3500. The one I have has the aluminum exhaust/muffler on it, yours has a tin one on it. Do you think that it would be a difference in years?

I don't have any literature for the Bolens saws so this is all a little new to me.
I would have to look again but I think this saw was only made in 1958 and could have changed mufflers latter/earlier in production.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Nice buy I was thinking of biding myself but I have bigger fish to fry.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nice grab on that chainsaw. Since Bolens got into the chainsaw market I wonder if they ever made a log splitter that was PTO driven/hydro for the tube frames and large frames. Does anyone know?

Reactions: Nato77
1 - 11 of 11 Posts