Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,611 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice tractor and operator. Glad it didn't take much to go for a ride.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
That looks like a really nice clean machine. Congrats. nice find.
Welcome to GTT. So, is that your ride or his? You know, you'll end up with
another one very shortly. That's just how it goes. Don't fight it. You can't win.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk. Very nice MF8 you have. The nose piece is in great shape also. Looks like your driver is having a good time :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Nice find. That 8 is in excellent condition. It even has the extra pre-filter over the air intake. The seat looks more substantial than what is usually on them and the rubber looks original. The front tires are usually rotten on these by this time. It looks like it was well taken care of and maybe stored in a heated area.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the welcome. this is a great forum you guys have here glad to be a part of it . I have the deck tore apart already only had to weld one stress crack in the deck at the chute. overall i am very happy with this tractor the shape it is in for its age is crazy. the only thing i do need for right now( later plow weights chains ) is the throtle spring that mounts on the side of the engine could't find one they said they don't make them anymore.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Welcome to the forum millwright. Great looking 8. I hope you can give it to the current driver someday. Glad you are here.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Should be able to get a spring from the hardware store like Ace, or Tractor Supply. The hardest part will be getting the correct spring tension, would just be a bit of trial and error. I am guessing you are talking about the governor spring?

I have an MF8 hydro and I can get a measurement of the spring and a picture tomorrow sometime.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Did you try to get the part through a Tecumseh part supplier or small engine repair company. There are a lot of those flat head HM80's around. You should be able to come up with a used spring and maybe a new one is still available through an aftermarket supplier.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
:wave: millwright Welcome to GTTalk! Great to have you with us! That's a very nice MF8! The operator sure is enjoying the ride too! I spent a little time in the millwright shop, but then added a meter to my wrench set. I work on overhead cranes and more or less do multi-craft work now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts