Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say hello , I have been enjoying this site reading all the threads I can. The place that I work bought a new exmark about 7500 dollars! I have been using three old garden tractors for 10 years they run great, but the zero radius is much faster. I do the maintenance for a electrical business , which entails mowing the grounds. The owner gave away one of the tractors to his nephew, so we were down to too old ones taking up space in the Barn ! Well have recently moved out to the country on 3 acres and was in need of a mower and snow blower. I remembered the old mowers. I havent used them in three years, but the maintenance was top notch for the last 13 years, lol.and they run great just need batteries. Ok your wondering what kind they are huh? one is a Massey Ferguson mf 16 hydrospeed with a snowblower (which I haven used in 13 years) The other is a Wheel Horse D250 with a renault motor, three point hitch, but no utensils. I was thinking about making an offer on one of these . the D250 has a pto front and back. but the MF16 has a snowblower and a really nice cab. the cab ( which I removed 13 years ago) it runs fantastic and I like the hydrspeed . They are both in good condition mechanically just alittle beat up. I have a pic of the Mf 16.

Attachments

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Oh my, I'd have to try for BOTH! The MF16 is a super tractor, and likely the best for your needs, and for parts, but that D250 is an awesome tractor just to own! Welcome to GTT! And please, pics of the D250 also!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ill get pics of th d250 when Im back at work , and the cab. funny Ive been using them to take car of twenty acre for that last 13 years , but never really use the utensils. I use the plow truck on the parking lot, and the international with a woods for the majority of mowing. i only mow around the building with these until I got the exmark !LOL.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Hi Donnie :wave:

Welcome to GTT.

Grab both machines. You might as well, because in the long run, once

you're hooked on GTs, you'll wish you had.

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
You definitely need to grab both of them. Any of us that read this thread are thinking "why can't that be me!!" Both of those tractors are highly sought after and once your bit by the GT bug (and you will be bit now that you have 3 acres) you will be kicking yourself if you don't get both. It's especially nice that you know the condition/history of them. And yes, pics of the d250 please!

·
1,333 Posts
Welcome to GTTalk! Pour a cup of your favorite beverage and stay a spell! This is a great place to spend some time.

Grab both of those GTs and share pics of the D250, please!

Geno

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
Welcome to GTT. Relax and spend awhile. Both of those tractors are very desireable. In practical terms try for both but if you can only get one the MF would be more useful from the beginning. The D250 may take awhile to find attachments. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that Ive looked through some of these pages Im thinking Ill need another one to mow with while I restore the Mf16, lol. who knew a GT could be so beautiful ! Im already thinking of things to do first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Now that i think about it there is a whole shelf of red and white boxes with air filters, coils, and them altenator starter things at work. I might even have spark plugs there, lol. I know some say wheel horse on them and some have I think have MF on them . Ill get pics of those too! I have 15 quarts of the old oil cans still around. The Barn is full of things like that. Before the original owner passed away he owned this place forever. Theres all kinds of things in there. There is another snow blower that visable in those pics too ,its the white one. theres discs, rototillers, and farm implemennts that I have no idea what they do !! lol.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
First :welcome: to GTTalk.

Second to answer your Question
BOTH
BOTH
BOTH
!!!!!

I agree with everything said above, the Massey is a real work horse and the implements (while not common) are available... And you already have the mower and blower.

The WH, if its a runner, is an absolute beast. It would be a GREAT tractor to put a Front End Loader on.

Either way, you're on the right track... We love pics :thumbs:

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
Now that i think about it there is a whole shelf of red and white boxes with air filters, coils, and them altenator starter things at work. I might even have spark plugs there, lol. I know some say wheel horse on them and some have I think have MF on them . Ill get pics of those too! I have 15 quarts of the old oil cans still around. The Barn is full of things like that. Before the original owner passed away he owned this place forever. Theres all kinds of things in there. There is another snow blower that visable in those pics too ,its the white one. theres discs, rototillers, and farm implemennts that I have no idea what they do !! lol.
Get some pics and post them, the members here will be able to tell you what the stuff is. Stuff like this hidden away for years is what we dream about. If I lived closer to you I'd be trying to become your new best friend!

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Welcome to GTTalk. Everyone else is right: grab them both, think about it later! You won't be sorry!

If he wants to get rid of the parts on the shelf, let me know and I will put a bid on them if someone can ship them to VA. The oil cans are special collectors pieces too, if you find the right person.

Ben W.

Reactions: Donnie

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Donnie, Welcome to GTtalk, glad you joined us here. I would get them both if you can. the D-250 is more of a rare bird then the M/F16. They are both very desirable tractors.

Please take pictures of all the stuff on the shelves and in the barn, we'll help you identify them.

Reactions: Donnie

·
Tractorholic
1,641 Posts
First off, welcome aboard. This is the best group of guys out there without a doubt. Secondly I agree with everything said above. Grab both as they are both sought after machines.

Also :wewantpics: of the D250.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk Donnie, yep if you can afford it get both of them. Remind the owner they are just sitting taking up space. :thumbs:

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
Welcome to GTT, Donnie!

The other is a Wheel Horse D250 with a renault motor
Is it right, the engine is from the big french automobile factory RENAULT? Otherwise I agree with Brian, take both or the WH. And, as heard thousand times before, pics will be nice :camera:

·
Super Moderator
54,469 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you have a decision to make. Best of luck whichever way you decide!

·
Tractor Whisperer
1,473 Posts
Wood Font Red Gas Lock ...glad to have ya, and yes, I would deff be tryin for both. Been sittin there this long and they bought a new mower, you should be able to get them fairly easy. Exmark is a great commercial mower btw. Right up there with Scag & Ferris

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts