1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Was grazing on eBay again, and....

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

Obviously used and not NOS.

Seller's description:

UP FOR AUCTION IS A GOOD USED NOS FRONT PTO THAT CAME OFF A BOLENS 1050 GARDEN TRACTOR. IT IS IN GOOD USABLE CONDITION. WILL WORK ON OTHER BOLENS TRACTORS. ...
Gotta love some of the descriptions on eBay and Craigslist

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Congrats on the PTO. Maybe they think NOS means Not Old Stock.

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
Or Nice Old Stuff!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hmmm... I guess I'm confused then... I thought all the Bolens tractors had both front and rear PTO's? (Well, maybe except the Ride-A-Matic's and earlier...) I didn't know you needed a separate front PTO on the 1050's and 1250's, etc...?

But I agree... WTF is with everyone calling used parts NOS on eBay? I've seen it a lot and not just on this guy's listings or for Bolens parts... I guess you could use it as an excuse to get your money back as the auction listing was not accurate since this is obviously not a NOS part!

·
Certified Wheel Horse Nut
817 Posts
Congrats on the pto! What are your plans for it???

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Hmmm... I guess I'm confused then... I thought all the Bolens tractors had both front and rear PTO's? (Well, maybe except the Ride-A-Matic's and earlier...) I didn't know you needed a separate front PTO on the 1050's and 1250's, etc...?

But I agree... WTF is with everyone calling used parts NOS on eBay? I've seen it a lot and not just on this guy's listings or for Bolens parts... I guess you could use it as an excuse to get your money back as the auction listing was not accurate since this is obviously not a NOS part!

These were sold as optional equipment for powering machinery with a belt. You dont need to have this PTO to run the standard decks, tillers ect.

For example I run this generator with mine

Attachments

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the pto! What are your plans for it???
No real plans for it right now, other than displaying it at the Wellington show. But who knows...maybe someone there might have something to run it with, and we can team up for a working demonstration.

I just like collecting the lesser known attachments.

I wouldn't mind finding one of the RoWay 540 RPM attachments as well.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
You can always make Ice Cream with it, and sell it at the show. People think it's really cool to eat stuff made by antique machinery!!

Reactions: MailmAn
1 - 10 of 10 Posts