Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a ride today and picked up a 1250 LF with deck in Bradford pa. Over all it's in decent shape. It needs a fuel pump but ran on an auxiliary tank. It does have an ugly yellow seat that needs to go, but luckily I have a reupholstered seat waiting to be bolted on. My question is has anyone ever messed with the 12v low pressure fuel pumps? The replacement pump isn't that cheap and I kinda want to see if the tractor runs well and doesn't smoke. I can get an electric pump for around $15. I had an electric pump on an HT23 but I never payed attention to what the pump was or looked like and how they bypassed the stock pump. If anyone's done the swap if you could please chime in that be great! Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I put an electric pump on my Craftsman lawn tractor when the Kohler pump died. It was an auto parts store one I had laying around, I think it was supposed to be 3.5 PSI.

It worked great except if the tractor didn't start right up and you left the key on while resting the starter it would flood. It's possible the float needle on that well used Kohler wasn't up to snuff though.

I just wired the pump to the ignition switch and routed the fuel through it to the carburetor. Left the old pump on the engine.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That's a nice find and I saw that on FB too. Pleased it gone to an appreciative owner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts