Garden Tractor Forums banner

Another one for the herd!

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Nato77 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
HAD a great time at the LeSueur swap this past weekend. Picked up some things I've been wanting and sold a bunch of stuff, basically rotated inventory. The jewel of my purchases is the biggest tiller Bolens made!
I'll start about a month and a half ago, Dougt sent me a message about a tiller on a different forum. It was a Bolens tiller but was way on the other side of Montana by the Idaho border. What caught my attention was that he could deliver it to LeSueur for a small fee. I got in contact with him and a deal was struck to bring it my way. In the next couple weeks talking with him I ended getting a couple engines off him too.
Well we'll start with the bad about it. The tires are shot, missing the air cleaner and neck and the worst part of all is its missing the chain cover on the side to run the tings. It bummed me out when he side he never had the cover but I'll just make one out of some steel to get by til I find one (probably have a better chance of winning the lottery) or get in contact with someone else that has one and plead and beg to borrow theirs to have one casted out of aluminum.
Now the good, it runs, everything is loose and I was able to get a set of tires for it at the swap. I'll get some more pics of it once the tires are on. A real pain to move it with junk tires!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Plant Tractor Tire Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Grass

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
#5 ·
I wondered were that Tillmaster number came from nice find Nate! I like to find one of those for myself some day. Those things are huge!

#7 ·
That sure is a beast. What do you reckin it weighs?
Those Tillmasters were based off the Ridemaster. The ridemaster was around 750 pounds with the till master having the extra cast gear box I say you would not be far off from that.

#8 ·
Wow great find!!!!
Its got to be a bear to turn when in the garden!
The air cleaner is no problem to find
I have a couple extra air cleaners laying around. Hopefully I get a chance to try it out in the garden. It'll be another week before it will be dry enough with all the rain we've been getting. So I have a little time.

That sure is a beast. What do you reckin it weighs?
I'm not sure exactly. I'm thinking somewhere in the 600-800lbs range. He forgot to bring the manual with so he's mailing it to me. It might say in there for sure.

I'm surprised you didn't say anything Jerome. Curtis and I were kinda surprised!

Reactions: wilberj
#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a couple extra air cleaners laying around. Hopefully I get a chance to try it out in the garden. It'll be another week before it will be dry enough with all the rain we've been getting. So I have a little time.

I'm not sure exactly. I'm thinking somewhere in the 600-800lbs range. He forgot to bring the manual with so he's mailing it to me. It might say in there for sure.

I'm surprised you didn't say anything Jerome. Curtis and I were kinda surprised!
Surprised?

It slipped my mind to ask. Thanks for adding it.

Reactions: Nato77
#13 ·
For the chain cover, you might try McMaster-Carr. They offer both stock size and custom chain drive guards.

Reactions: Nato77
#18 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.