Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw a post within the last couple of weeks showing a pretty cool use for a tractor hood -- that being a decorative piece on a wall. I forget who did it, but it sure did turn out nice. Anyhow, that post reminded me that I still need to share my creation with the world of Bolens aficionados on this site. Without further adieu, I present the Bolens 800 glass-top coffee table.

I bought this hood at a garage sale because I appreciated the styling. It was in rough shape, but I saw it's potential to be something cool. I had no idea that it would eventually become a coffee table. This was my first ever experience with Bolens (I had never even heard of the brand before, granted I am still a little wet behind the ears, especially for someone with this particular hobby). I now have a G10 that is my worker tractor (mainly snow removal with a blade) and it also serves as my outlet when I desperately need to wrench on something. Now there are many Bolens on my list of desired acquisitions and I have absolutely no problem with that.

Bolens Coffee Table.JPG

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
That's very interesting.

I have a bunch of old hoods, but I don't think I could

pull that off. The Mrs. would shut me down, so I'm

going to save them and use them as shields in the

crusades that'll be starting soon.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
You could do two of those hoods for end tables, and maybe a Large Frame hood for the coffee table. Or maybe do two Power Ho Deluxe hoods and grills for the end tables. The possibilities boggle the mind!

·
1,204 Posts
That is awesome nice job on that. What a great way to re-purpose the stuff that is headed to the scrap yard. How cool to have a hobby room full of that stuff.

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
That is Cool! Its better then scraping it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts