Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that water goes to the bottom in fuel. How long does it take for antifreeze to settle to the bottom in used engine oil? Does it all settle down or does some stay suspended?

Reactions: Traill95

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DougT. What I thought but wasn't sure. Have a small internal crack in a block. Coolant in the oil. Have a sealer in it and only lost a small amount, like a couple tablespoons full. Drain the oil after it ran for about 1/2 hour a couple times. Guess I better keep draining and using new oil till it either quits leaking coolant or blows up. If it don't quit leaking, got to replace the engine. If it blows, got to replace the engine.
A few gallons of oil to find out if it is sealed is worth the cost compared to a 3 cyl diesel replacement.

·
Make Stuff Up
2,710 Posts
I know a guy who used stop leak (not sure what kind) on his 15hp Kubota, it stopped leaking anti-freeze and it runs great. That was several years ago and he hasn't had any trouble since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.