Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering selling my MF 14 project. I have basically taken everything apart, except for the transmission.

I have bought some new parts for the tractor, but I have not installed any. The only thing I have bought for the engine is a muffler.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
That's the one that was in Indy on C/L around the first of the year?

Reactions: Gabriel

·
6,080 Posts
To bad you can't finish it, they are a good tractor. Noel

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To bad you can't finish it, they are a good tractor. Noel
I would like to keep it, but it will take a lot of time to get it going (more than I want to devote to it at this time). I would like to find a GT or LT that is in working condition, with a mower deck, that doesn't need so much TLC. I'm not 100% sure I will sell it.

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
If it was closer, I would buy it. I want one.

Ben W.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Is there a way you could get you a grass cutter & keep the MF 14 as a hobby to tinker with when you have the time. If your really for sure you want to sell maybe you can trade.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a way you could get you a grass cutter & keep the MF 14 as a hobby to tinker with when you have the time. If your really for sure you want to sell maybe you can trade.
Well, with the amount of money I will end up spending on this, it needs to have a mower deck to earn it's keep (to mow my own yard some day). If I knew I could find a mower deck for it in the next few years, I might consider keeping it, though I'm not sure how much extra free time I will have in the coming years.

I would consider trading for a running/working condition GT, with a mower deck.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is list of new parts I have for it:

#1 New Carlisle Turf Saver tires

#2 Nose piece and steering wheel cap

#3 Rebuild kit for the hydraulic lift control valve

#4 Seals and "O" Rings for lift cylinder

#5 Seat

#6 Muffler

#7 Wire mesh (I guess that's what its called) for the front grill

#8 Decal kit

#9 MF owner's, parts and service manuals

#10 Kohler service manual

I think that's all. If I think of something else, I'll add it to the list. I guess part of my expense was manuals.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I keep the tires (the rims will go with the tractor), and the seat, I would take something like $350 for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts