Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I don't know nothin', but a lot depends on the maker and age. I know an anvil collector. He took me on a tour of his collection, and rattled off values for a shaped pile of iron. Some brands were rare to a collector. Some poundages are more valuable. I would look up the brand and make sure you aren't standing in front of a rare bird!

Ben W.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Like every thing else maker and condition. I sold nice 150 lbs Budden for $125.00. There are a lot of collectors for the really old ones.If you can find makers mark would go a long ways to knowing value with some research. There is one thing looking at photo it appears someone drilled holes in the feet not good from collector point unless really rare one. All of the good ones would be strapped across the feet.Somebody told me they strapped them so not impede the resonate or ring doing something to the molecules in the hot iron. True or not who knows. Or he could just put it on Ebay see what it'll fetch.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Maker and weight are the big concerns. If its an older English or American made it will have a makers mark and weight on it. I need more info to give you a value. Some of mine.............
Those are nice..

I tried buying a 300 lb Wright.. I am sure that was the name.. The other guy wanted it much more then i did.. I kept pushing and we got up to 1200 bucks he looked at the auctioneer and said 3 grand. Well i was done..

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I have a 250 lb Peter Wright. Come on down and lets talk. :thumbs:
I would love to.. the fuel bill would kill me.. me and my 1980 gmc 4x4 at 8 mpg.. hahahaha That anvil would be worth more then my truck.. Ohh wait.. it already is...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.