Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,276 Posts
You need to loosen the bolts holding the belt guides, then move both guides closer to the pulleys.

Those little "studs" on the guides fit into the grooves in the back of the engine. ...Then tighten the bolts.

When there is tension on the belts, the guides will be approx. 1/8" away from the belt.

I'm pretty sure the guides should fit behind the engine pulley, so you may have to remove the washers between the guides and the engine.

Hopefully, someone will correct me if I'm not remembering correctly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - i assumed the studs should fit into the ring in the casting as you say - However the guides would rib on the engine pulley if installed that way?.

·
DR. Bolens
19,077 Posts
You need to loosen the bolts holding the belt guides, then move both guides closer to the pulleys.

Those little "studs" on the guides fit into the grooves in the back of the engine. ...Then tighten the bolts.

When there is tension on the belts, the guides will be approx. 1/8" away from the belt.

I'm pretty sure the guides should fit behind the engine pulley, so you may have to remove the washers between the guides and the engine.

Hopefully, someone will correct me if I'm not remembering correctly.
:ditto:

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,276 Posts
Thanks - i assumed the studs should fit into the ring in the casting as you say - However the guides would rib on the engine pulley if installed that way?.
With the guides tightly against the engine, if the pulley rubs the guides, the engine pulley may have to be moved on the crankshaft to obtain clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts