Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a guy call me and said he has a MF 12 tractor for sale. He said it ran when parked tire went flat so he put it up on blocks. He said with a little tinkering it should run and he is asking for $75. My question is are they worth anything running and cleaned up? He said he thinks it is complete but wasn't sure on the year of the tractor.

·
Super Moderator
54,377 Posts
Better get there before Will!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will check with him today on way to work and if he still has it I will post his phone number when I get back home from work

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Yes! All the MF number series tractors are worth restoring IMO. Even the 7 and 8 LTs. 75$ is a super deal for that. We don't see many 12s up here. Mostly 8,10 and 16s.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You also forgot to include his address and phone number.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I agree with others....If you haven't picked it up yet, you need your head examined!!

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
The MFs in my opinion is one of the more desirable classic garden tractors. They look more like their big brothers than many other brands from that time period. Being from Iowa you might find it interesting that they were made in Des Moines during that time period.

·
372 Posts
$75 is a great buy even if it doesn't run. Most of the ones I have looked at are in the $300 and above price range.

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Even I would take that deal, and I'm not a Massey collector!
This is the best proof that it is a good deal: one of the biggest Green guys telling you to go get a red tractor!

Ben W.

Reactions: johndeereelfman

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think I am going to go over Saturday or sunday to take a look at it if it is in decent shape I will probably buy it Then if I decide against it just sell it or part it out He only lives about 40 minutes away

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I think I am going to go over Saturday or sunday to take a look at it if it is in decent shape I will probably buy it Then if I decide against it just sell it or part it out He only lives about 40 minutes away
If it's complete, then there's no way I'd pass on it, even if it's rough.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts