Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I received this weight set with my ht23 awhile back. When I sold the ht23 I held onto the wheel weights hoping to install them onto my Massey GC2600 sub compact, well they don't fit the massey rim. The previous owner said they were large frame weights, but they have short carriage bolts with them, so I'm not sure how they would mount to a large frame wheel or another GT wheel either. But I'm more into tube frames, so what do I know! Any help identifying these would be great! Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure these would clear a Bolens Hub or my Massey hub. So they aren't for a Bolens then? The guy lied to me?!?!?

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
No those are not for any bolens.

Reactions: fonz3482

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
They should fit in most 12" wheels. The bonus is that if you can find the outters, you will have a lot of weight. Most weights will fit most wheels. Good Luck, Rick

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so I have outside Allis or Simplicty weights. Not sure what I'm gonna do with them, but Thanks Guys!

·
1,206 Posts
It's worth trying them out to see if they will fit. Then if you sell them you can tell people that they fit/don't fit Bolens as well.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Ok, so I have outside Allis or Simplicty weights. Not sure what I'm gonna do with them, but Thanks Guys!
I will take some pics of mine when the rain stops. I have inside weights on the floor of my basement. I have a Simplicity with inside and outside weights mounted on it. We can then compare. Good Luck, Rick

The two big weights on the right, are Simplicity inside wheelweights. On the left is a pair of Bolens wheelweights.

SD531142.JPG

These are an inside and an outside wheelweights mounted in a Simplicity wheel.

SD531143.JPG

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh ok, now I get how they work. When you said inside and outside I thought you were talking on the inside of the wheel and the outside of the wheel. Now I see that they both mount like a normal wheel weight but they get stacked. Interesting! Thanks for the help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts