Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been seeing some of these around for sale. Always thought would be neat machines, long as you got big enough one. There is one local, that looks like newer Green/white model, but says trans reverse works, but clicks in forward gears. These things have same trans as tube frames or totally diff rig? Sound like a problem to stay away from or easy fix with adjust or such. I'm hearing about the axle free-play all the time on tube ones that fixes many things. Guy wants $400, which didn't seem like a good deal really, but it is close and thought might look. Has the engine cover missing on back, have seen one at a show and just kinda cheapy plastic thing on that one, seems would be same here. Says deck was worked on, but not what done. Wait! What am I doing ....thinking another Bolens........slap me......have medicine?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Been seeing some of these around for sale. Always thought would be neat machines, long as you got big enough one. There is one local, that looks like newer Green/white model, but says trans reverse works, but clicks in forward gears. These things have same trans as tube frames or totally diff rig? Sound like a problem to stay away from or easy fix with adjust or such. I'm hearing about the axle free-play all the time on tube ones that fixes many things. Guy wants $400, which didn't seem like a good deal really, but it is close and thought might look. Has the engine cover missing on back, have seen one at a show and just kinda cheapy plastic thing on that one, seems would be same here. Says deck was worked on, but not what done. Wait! What am I doing ....thinking another Bolens........slap me......have medicine?
glgrumpy said

glgrumpy said:
I'm getting out of the Hobby this year! Not sure if meds are going to help now. LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts