Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
Welcome to GTT. We would like to help but you will need to give us more detailed information. Try the manual in our Manuals Section, it should have a trouble shooting section. It will tell you step by step how to figure out what is wrong. When asking questions, use pics and describe the problem in detail. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
99 Posts
Try spraying carb cleaner (NOT ETHER!) into the carb without the air filter. If it fires, it`s a fuel issue, if it doesn`t, it`s ignition or compression. If it will run of carb cleaner, the fuel might be stale , clogged fuel filter, or a carb that needs cleaning. Let us know how you make out with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thurs night3/10 hooked juper cables to truck cause battery sticker says 9/12 tiny spark probably bad, but got to spin with NO plugs.plugs in 1/4turn.have not opened carb yet.cleaned tank lines to carb though.when spun first time with no plugs it spit bad gas.valves abj too many times

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Location charlotte/harrisburg near 485. Planning on going 2 lowes for battery with 410 ca.i think it would help.if this gets done then rewire back half of 96 yardmachine i burnt up trying to start last year.and yes i did not do preventive maintenance not incapable just put off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.