Garden Tractor Forums banner

B7100 Grill

6K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  chieffan 
#1 ·
I am not having any luck finding a used grill for my 79 B7100. I need to get something out in front of the oil cooler and radiator beside screen wire. Anyone have a front and side photo of the front so I have a better idea of what it looks like please? The WSM don't show it good at all. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Thank and I have been on Orange Tractor but no luck. Have not tried The West Kentucky place but sure will. None of the salvage yard in this are have anything and very, very few Kubota's.

#5 ·
HAVE A GRILL ON THE WAY ! Called wkypstore.com and they did not have a grill but gave me another number to call. 800-457-5240. Called this morning they had a nice one and it is on the way to Iowa. I did not catch the name of the place or where it is at but will find out when I get the grill I guess. Thanks for the help on this guys.

Reactions: Cvans
#7 ·
Sure will Chris. From what the parts guy, John, siad at the place if got the grill, they send people to West Kentucky when they don't have it and the favor is returned. Great way to work with your competitors.

#8 ·
Got the grill today - wrong one. For the older model B7100. Came from Wengers of Meyerstown, PA. Will call them Monday and see what they have to say. Very fast service.

#10 ·
Those grill must be very vulnerable item and none to be found anywhere. I bet I made over a dozen phone calls from coast to coast and from Texas into Canada and no on had a good grill. Can't even come up with one that is bent up but could be straightened to a usable condition.

Going to try and build one using 1/8" hardware cloth and black screen wire. I have a supply of black plastic automotive door edging to put around the edge to protect the paint on the hood. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

#12 ·
Have you tried with All States Ag Parts? They show a couple on their website for parts. I am not sure what your grill looks like to know what I am looking for though.
Thanks and yes I have. Tried them first as they have one location close to me. Most of their on line listings are out dated. found that out several years ago looking for IH parts. Appreciate the help just the same. The grill for the HST model is a box like grill. Gear model is flat.

Reactions: IHCubGuy
#13 ·
Thanks and yes I have. Tried them first as they have one location close to me. Most of their on line listings are out dated. found that out several years ago looking for IH parts. Appreciate the help just the same. The grill for the HST model is a box like grill. Gear model is flat.
Well shucks, sorry I was of no help. Good luck in whatever route you go to get one.

#14 ·
I decided that today was as good a day as any to fab a grill for my B7100 HST. Been rolling ideas around in my mind for a couple days and decided on 1/4" hard ware cloth for the basic box type frame. I needed the frame to be 13" wide and 11-1/2" tall and 2" deep when completed. I started with a flat piece 17" X 16-1/2". Marked out the locations where the bends needed to be with a felt tip marker. I cut the corners square so the excess would fold inside the sides to support the corners. With the marks lined up with the edge of a wood box and a 2 X 2 on top I started the bends, one side at a time. One side at a time I laid the hardware cloth with the bends up, placed a 2 X 2 inside and with a 1" flt faced brass hammer I worked the side up nice and square. The excess on the top and bottom corners were folded inside the sides. Short pieces of 22 ga. solid brass wire was used to tie the overlay pieces to the sides, 2 on each corner. This part was then fitted to the tractor and the two slots were cut in the bottom to facilitate the two oil cooler lines. It fit nice and snug. Next was the nylon screen wire. Folded it over the edges and held with clamps. Hot glue was used to hold the inside and outside of the screen together through the hardware cloth. Used just enough to tack it in several places as the trim would hold the screen wire to the grill. I used automotive edge trim with self adhesive glue to cover all 4 edges of the Grill. Back to the tractor and see if it would go in like I planned. It was a little tighter due to the edge trim but will stay in place without any type anchors. Very satisfied with the results. It is not like an original, it don't have the KUBOTA chrome name on it, but it will keep a lot of stuff out of the radiator and will be easy to clean. One draw back is that it will have to be removed to open the hood. That is a project for another day.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
Product Azure World Creative arts Sleeve
Mesh Rectangle Wood Grille Composite material
Hood Automotive tire Tire Wood Trunk
Publication Font Art Pattern Newsprint
Publication Font Pattern Art Monochrome

Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Attachments

Reactions: Cvans and KennyP
#15 ·
That should work until something better comes along!

#17 ·
That should work until something better comes along!
Big improvement. I sure would mind being seen mowing on that machine. :D
My thoughts exactly Kenny. It was cheap, quick and is a whole lot better than nothing.

Thanks Cvans, it was a well kept machine. Only outdoor time was when the lady was mowing the yard. I have about $650 in it, including new injectors. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#18 ·
I have about $650 in it, including new injectors. Keeping my fingers crossed.
How do you sleep at night having stole that tractor from someone? LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Looks good, I hope it serves you well. Heck even if you would have to replace the engine in it you probably can't buy a new one for what you will have invested in this one.

#20 ·
It was running fine when last used (stolen from CL). It was getting to hard for her to steer so they bought a new ZTR. When he found water in the oil he priced a new engine and decided to haul it to the junk yard till he saw my ad wanting DOA tractors. He was asking $500 and I offered $400 and he took it right away. I didn't put any price on my labor, oil, filter etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.