Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manuals I find that the johnson 14 has a dump angle of 45 degrees. Nowhere can I find the back curl angle. On my Johnson 14 when the bucket is setting flat on the ground the lift cylinders are retracted 100%. This allows for no back curl on the bucket. So when I go forward into a pile of mulch I can't go in and then curl back as I lift the load. I end up with 1/2 a bucket full. Is this the correct behavior for the Johnson 14? Mine has different lift cylinders and I'm wondering if they are not correct or if the welded mount points are not correct. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Attachments

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
The model 12 I'm using on my LGT 195 has some but not a lot. It was off a Bolens originally and only modified to fit tractor the arms and hydraulics are original. The front of bucket only sits up about 2-3" image.jpg
Picture looks more because bucket is not on floor
Tom

Attachments

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
I think that Johnson designed them that way so that they could get the 45 degree dump angle that they show in the literature. All the pictures of Model 14 FEL's that I have seen show the tilt cylinders fully retracted when the bucket is sitting level on the ground. If it is of any help to you in determining if you have the correct tilt cylinders, mine are original and the body of the cylinder measures 14".

Reactions: TomLGT195

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I have heard fellows complain about the same problem with the ARK loaders, so maybe it is a symptom of the smaller GT type loader.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Mine only has a slight back curl when on the ground. Unless I'm picking up mulch or something light, it's real hard to get more then a 1/2 bucket full.

·
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your replies. I guess I feel better about this now. The roll back would sure be a nice thing to have though. Good excuse for me to look for a bigger one.

Reactions: TomLGT195
1 - 8 of 8 Posts