Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to go for a 2 1/2 hour trip with my father its does not say bolens but it will work ok you must guess what it is heres the hits its green and yellow it has a light on the top and there a necessity in colder climates
pics will be up shortly
cheers
Tyler

·
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a cab ... its not for a bolens its a john deere but for the price i will make it work around here prices are just crazy for stuff i found this on kijiji by Roslyn for a Whopping $120 obo so i could not pass it up and its GREAT shape for canadian winters normally the cabs are rusted all to heck and the windows are smashed and the doors are gone this one has some minor stuff gone such as cracked plastic on the side windows and the rear window is gone but that does not matter i think the cab has not been used much or it has been washed the story i got from the p/o "i took it off my 314 because there was a fuel problem and i had the tractor apart so i decided to paint the tractor and now i dont want to scratch the fenders so here it is up for sale" so i bought it for $100 got it home washed it up and it came out real nice now comes the task of making mounts and body panels to mount to my bolens
IMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0509.JPG
IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG

Attachments

·
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Like you said, make it work. I'd imagine prices will only rise for these as temps start to drop. I wanted a Bolens type also but I won't complain about the cab I got, for the mini price I payed.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Looks like you got a good deal. The big question is are you going to be able to deal with a couple of deere on the side of your Bolens?

·
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I think I would buy some decals and put them over the Deere Logo
thats what i am going to do LOL if any one asks about the color ill just say that i am color blind

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Bolens used red, white and yellow for their cabs, so maybe just repaint the green part.

I have a whole bunch of soft cab doors in all three colors. Some say Bolens, others have the Husky dog on them.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Bolens used red, white and yellow for their cabs, so maybe just repaint the green part.

I have a whole bunch of soft cab doors in all three colors. Some say Bolens, others have the Husky dog on them.
You wouldnt happen to have pics o' them red doors would ya? I'm wondering if the hinge and latch areas are same as the craftsman type I have..?

·
Tractorholic
434 Posts
8tyman8 sometimes you have to run with what you can find. I think you got one heck of a deal !!! Who knows one day you may run across some tractor bum wanting to trade a Bolens cab for a Deer cab.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts