Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tractorholic
2,177 Posts
OUCH!!!!

Yeah, engines don't run to good when you let daylight into the crankcase....

Is than an Onan??

Smitty

·
Summer.
4,536 Posts
Man, that suxs, heart sinks to the feet, i hope you have someone to plow or a spare snowblower ?

Reactions: boyscout862

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a KT19 re-power, that makes 4 broken Massey Fergusons in the garage :-( guess it's time to get busy now that the weather is finally well above zero

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
It's a KT19 re-power, that makes 4 broken Massey Fergusons in the garage :-( guess it's time to get busy now that the weather is finally well above zero

Dang....that's rough times!

·
enjoyin the livin part of life!
1,083 Posts
Oh man nothing ruins a day like a ventilated block! Did it give any warning at all or just go kablooey?

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just let go! It was running like a top as it always does. And to think I even checked the oil today....it was full

·
Summer.
4,536 Posts
Dang ! you are up against it, keep warm, working in the cold sucks.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
That doesn't look very good. Sorry about your luck there.

I've had the fear of loosing my blower engine all winter. Last thing

I want to deal with this winter. Knock on wood.

Hopefully you can get one up and running soon.

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
The KT19 was just bigger option of the KT17, which most have gone this direction. Most say second series was better, but I don't believe that, have seen same on those. Wasn't till later models had oil filter that they got it right, then diff name for them. I once bought a PK with one, ran fair. Fella even delivered it and ran it to drive off trailer and all. Later on tear-down found same Big hole in case and little if no oil in it!! I pulled the head and had a yardstick poking between the hole and the bore.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I feel bad for you. I hope you have a backup machine.

I pulled the head and had a yardstick poking between the hole and the bore.
Stop posting those gory pictures, we have young folks on here.

Ben W.

·
Tractorholic
2,177 Posts
The KT19 was just bigger option of the KT17, which most have gone this direction. Most say second series was better, but I don't believe that, have seen same on those. Wasn't till later models had oil filter that they got it right, then diff name for them. I once bought a PK with one, ran fair. Fella even delivered it and ran it to drive off trailer and all. Later on tear-down found same Big hole in case and little if no oil in it!! I pulled the head and had a yardstick poking between the hole and the bore.
Hey! Someone harpooned your tractor!!!!

Smitty

G

·
MAN THAT'S THE PITS.......same thing happened to my nephew a month ago , he was blowin snow with his cub cadet 782 {kt 17 series 1} and going great guns and all of a sudden she let loose, no more movin snow. He did repower with a MAG 18 with a filter......that stuff can ruin a good day in a hurry!

·
59 Posts
Well, while I am waiting for a new motor( a guy at work has a series 2 he said I could have for $200, but it is in the shed which is drifted shut. we got hammered last week 2inches/hr then 50mph winds)I put together my MF14 re-powered with an Onan 16. Went smooth got the drive done despite desperately needing a rebuild for the carb! Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts