Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I gave it a full Tune up, changed all the fluids and got it ready to crank k first time since I got it and found that, the wiring is bad bad regulator and some shorts...... well pushed her in the garage dug my taters today, came into the garage and found that all my rear end fluid I put in it is in my garage floor looks like she's got some rear end leak......(yes I put the plug back in right I checked..... so I guess if I'm tearing her down and rewiring her she's getting a paint Job.....

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Sometimes that's how it goes with older tractors. One thing lets go and then a bunch of other stuff gives up in sympathy. I agree it's a good time for a major refurbishing. Then you end up with a reliable tractor after you're done.

·
Tractorholic
8,358 Posts
Sorry that it didn't go well . Hope it's not going to be a pain getting everything fixed again

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks everyone i do have a question say if one was totally redoing all wiring are there any better systems out there is there another way other than the original regulator and solenoid. I am going to modify it a bit with a auxillary wire out the back and switch for my pull behind sprayer. but if i have to do it over anyway if theres a better system to wire in id probably go that route. im interested in what everyone thinks on this one or if theres any good ideas out there

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Like Brian said, they get old and start having multiple issues, kind of like us old folks! :smilewink:

·
1,206 Posts
Bummer on the problems. That leak may just be rear axle seals, not a very tough job to do. Best of luck getting it up and running again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts