Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

I am wondering what the fair value is of a good condition MF12 with rebuilt 42 inch deck would be.

Not enough of them sell on craigs list or ebay to get a trend or barometer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Condition is decent. See pics. It runs great. Mowed with it for second time yesterday since rebuilding the deck. Its hard to see in pics but I did not bondo the deck. So it has pitting from rust. I Wired Brushed and Sanded the rust off, Used Rust Kutter to stop any further rust and repainted. The spindle bearings and blades are new, The Deck cover is also in deck pic on upper left. The tractor is in original condition, Nice but not a concourse paint job. Usual surface rust for the age but it looks much newer than most of its era. The last two pics are how it looks today and from 15 feet.

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Prices vary geographically, but I think that up here, you

should be able to fetch $450-500 Cdn, considering it's running good

and in good condition.

·
1,087 Posts
I just seen a 10 that wouldn't start at time of sale with a tiller sell for $600 Cnd. It was beat to the ground. The tiller gearbox was sitting together and it looked like the engine had leaked since almost new. I just shook my head and walked away in awe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the input.

I have almost 175 in new belts, blades, starter, solenoid, spindle bearings and a couple pulleys.

I know it can be hard to get complete return on the investment but had hoped value to be a bit better.

I will probably post it for trade on classifieds in next week.

Perhaps with trade I can get closer to what I have into the beast.

Again, thanks for taking time to give me your input.

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Thanks for the input.

I have almost 175 in new belts, blades, starter, solenoid, spindle bearings and a couple pulleys.

I know it can be hard to get complete return on the investment but had hoped value to be a bit better.

I will probably post it for trade on classifieds in next week.

Perhaps with trade I can get closer to what I have into the beast.

Again, thanks for taking time to give me your input.
Usually you seldom get back what you put into a tractor, not trying to burst your bubble but that's just the way it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts