Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a older BCS tractor and tiller model 725. How do I go from High range to Low? I got this from the estate owners daughter.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sometimes the detents become stiff. Some oil and working them back and forth often will make a difference.

Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks just starting to find my way around this site. got Tractor at a friends garage as no heat in mine just dropped gearcase oil and toped up tiller gear case. Tractor has not ran since 2016 when owner passed away. tractor was repowered with a Honda GX 270 May 18 2013.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Sometimes the gears don't lie up just right and makes them hard to go from Hi to LO. Have to move it a bi in gear. Same vintage as mine but I put a Briggs 9hp on mine. Have the tiller, 42" bar mower and a blade for it. You may want to make a ring out of #9 wire to hold the clutch lever dis engaged. Put the ring around the hand grip and the lever. Clutch has a tendancy to stick when parked for extended periods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks chieffan for the tip. I have a 42 in sickel (bar) mower and 3 new spare blades as well. Have not see or picked up yet as 2 ft of snow on ground where shed is. Can you post a picture of yours please and about what year would mine be??.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to bother everyone. I am trying to figure out the age of my BCS with my limited skills I guess it is before 1995, there is no serial # that I could find. any one else have a idea. the original engine was a Acne.

Thanks Hank

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doug E thanks, do you know where there is a parts source for these older tractors. I may be looking at a throttle cable if I keep this BCS. I guess there are not many around of the older machines.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Earthtools.com is your source.

There are lots of machines older than yours still in service!

Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
There is a full reapir and parts CD available through the BCS dealers. Some may not want to sell you one though, mine did for around $20 I think it was. I need to get another set of tines for my tiller. Have the second set on and they are getting rather narrow. Also have the snow thrower for mine. It is rather cumbersome to manuver though other than on a long stretch of drive or sidewalk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts