Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may or may not cheese some of you off. I hope not.. BUT... Please.. Be happy with what you have.. Even the small things in life that annoy really have no bearing on the continuation of life.. Till a month ago I let the little things bother me. Then along came my son.. Born with a few health issues i wont get into here. WEll after a month of being strong he has had his second blood transfusion.. We are going back to the Childrens hospital on tuesday as a followup. They did tell us to bring a change of clothing for ourselves. Really all else doesn't matter. Heat in the house and my wife and son home and healthy is all that matters at this point.. I have come to a conclusion with a good friend.. So many "problems" that we have in North America are First world Problems. Food, Shelter, healthy family is all that really matters..

I will get off my soap box now.. All i ask is think of all of the good you have in your life.. and truly be thankful for it.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
You are so right.

My thoughts will be with you and your family,

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.. back to finding more standing dead wood for the fire place.. i hope it warms up this week..

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Gerald, your are right. Don't worry about the small stuff, just be happy with the things that really matter. Wishing you, your family and especially your son the best come Tuesday.

·
Super Moderator
54,818 Posts
TG, thoughts and prayers for you and your family. And you are right about what's important.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Gerald, I had heard soon after your son was born that he had health issues, but I didn't want to say anything unless you did so first. It is things like this that DO put things in proper perspective. I pray hard that your little one gets better asap. Prayers for you & Mom also.

·
Registered
954 Posts
TG, I pray for your boy's continued health, he has been so strong thus far. He will continue that, I am sure ( well, if he is a hardhead like his dad LOL )

To the content of your post, yes, we should all be thankful of what we have in family, love and personal riches and I for one, thank you for the reminder of that.

Well wishes for Little G, and let's hope Tues numbers are good for him.

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
Amen, brother!!!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
Gerald, We will be PRAYING for your Son and your family. I have been where you are and know that PRAYER is a very powerful thing. It took us 93 days to get our youngest home from the hospital.

Reactions: marlboro180
1 - 20 of 65 Posts