Garden Tractor Forums banner

Bearings for a 1650 snow blower, anyone cross the numbers over?

800 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  101 senior 
#1 ·
Well I took the snow blower off of my snapper 1650 to check it over and replace the short belt which had shredded. I had a new belt on the shelf so I thought this would be a quick and easy repair. As I was turning the double pulley in the snow blower drive setup it sounded and felt rough. I took a good look and one of the bearings has lost its shielding and the retainer that keeps the ball bearings spaced is chewed up and missing. I checked the parts list and came up with a snapper bearing number of 7013443 at $44.93 each times 2. I was wondering if anyone had crossed those bearings over to a cheaper one yet. If not I will take the pulley out and try to cross the bearings over myself but I was just wondering if someone had done this already?

#2 ·
I have replaced the same bearings they are standard 3/4 inch bore 1/2 inch thick and 1 and 5/8 inch in diameter. I didn't want to pay the outragous price myself. My dad has a grainger acount so for two bearings + shipping was $20 If you need the number i will try to find it later tonight or tomorow. Hope this helps:thumbs:

Reactions: tractormike
#5 ·
Bearing update. I called 2 parts stores to see what their pricing on the bearings would be. One quoted my $25.00 each and the other quoted $7.48 each. Both stores would have to order the bearings, so I ordered the 7.48 bearings. I should know wed. night if they will work or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.