Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This beautiful little Massey Ferguson 7 came to me to get running smooth and with the owner's hopes of adding it to my inventory.

It is all original. Never had a coat of paint. The engine needs a little carburetor work, and it should take right off. The deck has no cracks. The biggest issues with the little guy is the torn seat (nothing new under the sun) and the broken nose cone.

Wheel Tire Tractor Riding mower Vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Watercraft Gas Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light Plant Sewing machine Motor vehicle Plant Red Gas Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Plant Automotive exterior Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Here's my quandary. The owner knows what he has, and he knows you don't see these little LTs looking like this very often. He's right.

He wants some offers on it. I put an offer on it, but I don't think I'm high enough. This is a lawn tractor, not a garden tractor, so I'm not as excited as I would be if it was made to do the kind of work I would want one of my tractors to do.

Does anyone want this guy? It will make someone a great tractor, it is ready to go to shows almost as is.

If you are interested, PM me and I will put you in contact with the owner.

Ben W.

Attachments

·
Simplicity Enthusiast
2,379 Posts
I've become a sucker for the scarcer LT's of this era, and they have appeal to both GT collectors as well as collectors of oddity mowers. One nice thing about them, is that they are not in as high of demand, and are cheaper to buy....hopefully that is understood by the seller. They are more of a novelty than GT's due to their lower functionality.

That's a beautiful machine! it should get a collector price, but I'm not sure what that would be for an MF. For a Simplicity of the same size, age and condition, $250-350. Maybe a bit more if you get 2 of the right buyer after it at the same time.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Does it still have the original 7hp Tecumseh? It looks like it does have the original motor. Usually you see them replaced with an 8hp. It is a nice original, be even nicer if it was a hydro. If I was in a better situation financially I would put an offer on it but have to pass for now.

Reactions: superaben

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it still have the original 7hp Tecumseh? It looks like it does have the original motor. Usually you see them replaced with an 8hp. It is a nice original, be even nicer if it was a hydro. If I was in a better situation financially I would put an offer on it but have to pass for now.
Still has the 7 HP on it. It is probably the best looking Massey 7 I have looked at.

I wish it had headlights and hubcaps. That would really make it take the cake.

Ben W.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Still has the 7 HP on it. It is probably the best looking Massey 7 I have looked at.

I wish it had headlights and hubcaps. That would really make it take the cake.

Ben W.
Headlights and hub caps would be sweet. Only thing I see is it looks like the left side nose cone when looking at the front of the tractor is pushed in a little but it wouldn't take much to fix that. It has all of the stickers and warning labels on it too.

Reactions: superaben

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Headlights and hub caps would be sweet. Only thing I see is it looks like the left side nose cone when looking at the front of the tractor is pushed in a little but it wouldn't take much to fix that. It has all of the stickers and warning labels on it too.
It needs a new nose cone to really be right.

Do you know who makes those things now? I would need one for a 7, a variable 12, and a 14 hydro.

Ben W.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
It needs a new nose cone to really be right.

Do you know who makes those things now? I would need one for a 7, a variable 12, and a 14 hydro.

Ben W.
Ben,

There was a fellow on here a couple years ago that was doing the reproduction nose cones. I haven't heard anything from them for a while. It looks like their site is still active though so maybe try contacting them. Here is a link to a thread it was posted in: http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/19494-massey-parts-vendors-sources/#entry426373

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ben,

There was a fellow on here a couple years ago that was doing the reproduction nose cones. I haven't heard anything from them for a while. It looks like their site is still active though so maybe try contacting them. Here is a link to a thread it was posted in: http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/19494-massey-parts-vendors-sources/#entry426373
Thanks George. I'll give them a try. I tried Google searching a little while back and couldn't find them. Hasn't been a big rush I guess.

Ben W.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Good looking machine there Ben. You should hang on to that one.

Not many of those left out there, especially in that good condition.

If you do, I think I might have a correct choke lever for you.

If it where closer, I take a stab at it.

The fellow reproducing the nose cones had one listed on ebay not to long

ago, so he is still doing them.

It be nice if you could get the cone painted so it looks a bit faded, as opposed

to new bright red.

·
372 Posts
I purchased 2 last year from GT Reproductions, I painted one for my 8 the other one is still in the box waiting to be painted to go on my 14.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts