Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i impacted the rusted nuts off the bolts on the 60" deck. some were easier to just break =) so i got the spindles the gearbox idler pulleys ect off. when i hit it with the DA then prime, think i should do underneath the deck with spray on bed liner? its pretty pitted and i think it would be great. has anyone ever done this b4?

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Check out the Massey forum, member FirefyterEMT did the bed liner on his, but I think he only put his on the top side underneath the belt cover.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my friend did some body work on the deck and i need something to cover it up good. its sturdy as hell but it doesnt look as good as the strength if you get the jist of it.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I think you mean 54" deck?
I did cote the under side of one of my 54" decks I restored with it and it seem to work fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
54, 60 its all the same. BTW can someone post a picture of the discharge chute, when my buddy got ahold of the deck he air chisled mine of.... it was rotted anyway, but he had a brand new air chisel he wanted to play with lol.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
If you do the bed liner can you take some photos and post them. I'd like to see what it looks like. The only concern I would have is that on the underside of a deck it may cause the grass clippings to stick to it more than a smooth surface.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
people say its amazing. its either that or i buy 12 cans of color place black for the bottom and put a shit lot of paint on.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
i wouldnt do it bc the grass will build up an really make the tractor work twice as hard but thats my opinion.... i would put a few coats of paint an go that way the grass will flow through the deck an not build up as much

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
If you have a sprayer, I'd suggest a using an epoxy paint under the deck.

That stuff is as tough as nails. I used to use it for painting fiberglass fuselages on R/C sailplanes back when I was flying them. They didn't have landing gear, so they just slid on the ground when you landed. With epoxy paint we didn't get it all scratched up, and even when landed on a hard surface there was very little marring of the paint.

It also gave a very smooth slick finish, which would help in keeping grass build up to a minimum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts