Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive been thinking, if im going to do a good amount of grading with the bolens plow, im either to A, buy a beater plow just got dirt stone ect. or take my plow, and spray bedliner on it. i just figure id post and c if anyone has tried the bedliner or what. if i get black bedliner it might look nice.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
It would be interesting to see how bed liner would hold up. You would have to get the plow bare metal clean to make sure for the best adhesion. Let us know how well it works...

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I would be curious to find out if it works or not. I have a feeling it wouldn't. One it may hold up for a little while but I don't think it would last very long. Would have to make sure the whole moldboard front and back was covered to stand a chance of it lasting. The other reason I don't think it would work is because of bedliner being a rough texture it wouldn't allow the dirt to flow off of the moldboard possibly causing it to get clumped up and clogged.

I could be totally wrong on my assumptions because I have never done it. Just my .02

·
Super Moderator
54,145 Posts
George, I'm with you on this one. All I've ever seen farmers do was smear grease on them after they were done. If it's already rusty, use a 3M paint stripper (scotch brite for the drill). That also work real good for stripping paint.

·
Super Moderator
54,145 Posts
I would think that would need to be a smooth surface, also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you, yes this is a blade, hence the grading part. i dont think a moldboard would hold up grading gravel very well =D

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
POR15 is a pretty good product,but it would not hold up on a push blade for very long.I have even tried it on the underside of a mower deck,and it wears off in no time.

·
Tractorholic
342 Posts
JD, how about the Graphite coatings that farmers and truckers used to use on plow shares, and dump beds for trucks. I am assuming that this coating is still available. It was a graphite in paint form that was pretty tough.

Just sayin, George

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
dont use bedliner. my uncle used it on his dump trailer thinking that it would keep it from rusting, it didnt. the liner help the water in and now there is rust everywere and more appearing everyday. I suggest just repainting it when ever the paint is gone. but dont use bed liner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts