Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at possibly getting a 1050 or a 1250 and was wondering how difficult it would be to get parts to rebuild the engines if I needed to (pistons, rings, bearings etc.)

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
All can be had, but sometimes takes a little searching. Doc Brian (bolens1000) can give you the best leads on parts. He'll be along soon I'm sure.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
PennsylvaniaNewt said:
I guess I am trying to figure if getting this model tractor is going to be a mistake in the long run when I go to rebuild the engine?
Oh no, it's not that hard to get parts. I got my piston/rings off an ebay seller, plus the gaskets from him also. I think the valve guides were the hardest to find, but Brian has a place he can get pretty much any part you could need. Don't worry, it's not going to be a problem. I'll PM Brian to get him to chime in.

·
98 Posts
If you need any parts including engines for the 1050 I have several here of that style.Have a nice 1250 that needs a rear so I bought another parts 1250 and it has a good engine the fellow said, looks pretty good really the first one is painted and pretty nice except for the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts