Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited a Bolens Husky 1050. It has been setting inside for 4-5 years and seems to be in good condition. There is also a mower deck and a plow blade. I know nothing else about it.
I started it very easily and the engine runs well, but there appears to be a problem somewhere with the drive train. When placed in gear and the clutch is released the tractor barely moves. If in first gear it nudges very slightly forward and when in reverse slightly rearward.
Could this be a transmission issue. ???
Is there an adjustment that I should look at?
I don't have a manual.

·
1,388 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like the free-wheel pin has been moved on the right rear hub. Look inside the right rear wheel at the hub where the wheel bolts on. There is a pin that slides back and forth to lock the 2 flanges of the hub together. Usually held in place with a spring clip. This pin is disengaged to make it easy to roll the tractor around without running the motor and actually driving it. By now there might be a bent nail or piece of coat hanger being used to hold the pin. No matter. If the pin is slid back you might have to roll the tractor a bit to line up the holes in the flanges. This could be your issue. I hope so, as it's an easy fix.

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,474 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Here are links to the owners manual, parts list and the Tube Frame repair manuals. There are two series of 1050's 192-01 and 192-02 - they are very similar tractors but there are a few differences.
Bolens 1050 Owners Manual
Bolens 1050 Models 192-01 & 192-02 Parts Lists
Bolens Tube Frame Service Manual Updated Nov 2020 | Garden Tractor Forums (gardentractortalk.com)
Feel free to post pictures of your 1050 as we always look forward to seeing another one.
In addition to what Dave mentioned the drive belts may be worn or not tensioned properly as sometime the hook end of the tensioner spring can break. One other possibility is a shered key in the differential. As Dave mentioned - hope it is an easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts