Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
A Little Off Plumb
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 1053 Bolens this week that is missing the engine and some sheet metal and has had some interesting modifications (two lift handles). Got looking at the PTO and I don't remember seeing one with a four bolt flange on the rear - looked in the parts manual and it shows the PTO the same as my 1050 which uses a needle bearing at the rear. Just wondered if anyone could help me identify what the PTO might be off of as the front looks like it mounts properly with the 3 bolts holding it to the axle support - the front frame has been extended for a larger engine and there are actually two axle supports. The deal came with a tiller, snow caster and an almost complete sleeve hitch as well as some parts for a 1050 - got a seat pan and rear fender but the original seat cover and padding was long gone.

Attachments

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,232 Posts
I would say that an original PTO was highly modified and now uses a 4-bolt flanged pillow block bearing.

The square plate and gussets appear to be welded onto a modified housing. ....Notice that there is no way to mount an original belt guard, since the square plate is up against the guard's mounting hole.

·
A Little Off Plumb
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say that an original PTO was highly modified and now uses a 4-bolt flanged pillow block bearing.

The square plate and gussets appear to be welded onto a modified housing. ....Notice that there is no way to mount an original belt guard, since the square plate is up against the guard's mounting hole.
Thanks Bruce

I was thinking similar thoughts - will have to pull it off and have a better look when I get time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts