Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I started taking apart my 1053 apart to restore it is coming along pretty good I ordered new gaskets for the engine the other day. I will post pictures through out the restoration

Attachments

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to stay as original as possible there isn't much that needs to be replaced I thought I would put new gaskets in it because a whole gasket set is 13 $ I am going to get decals for it from maple hunters.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
bolens1053 said:
I am going to stay as original as possible there isn't much that needs to be replaced I thought I would put new gaskets in it because a whole gasket set is 13 $ I am going to get decals for it from maple hunters.
If your trying to stay original as possible I would go with sams bolens decals there 10 time better.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
You are getting off to a good start.:thumbs:

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have almost all of the 1053's paint ground of I will hopefully start painting by Monday my gaskets came for the engine the over day.

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to be done getting the paint off tonight so I will probably prime her tomorrow and paint on Wednesday. so I may have her back together by the end of this week :):):). can't wait to see what she looks like. I bought I.H white and I. H red it will look good.

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well things didn't go the way I thought so I'm hoping to get her primed today I will post pics of her after Shes primed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts