Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post a quick video of my Bolens 1225 tear down,not the best quality video it's from my phone. Hoping for some nice weather as it was only -4c, I hope to get it cleaned and sand blasted in a few weeks and get started on the rebuild.

YouTube - 0325011558

·
Live long and prosper
6,782 Posts
Good video. Looks like a nice project. Keep us posted.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I don't know anything about Bolens but looks like your going about it the right way stripped right down clean, fix, repair, paint. Now the fun begins, good stuff.

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I plan on doing it by the book!!! I will use epoxy primer and paint to give it a better and harder finish. I just hope humpty dumpty can put it back together again.:beerchug:
Will need to source out some parts to get it done.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Nice start on your project, keep us posted and send more pictures as you progress with it.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Thanks for the video.

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Thanks for the great video. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. It sure is nice to see the work as it progresses.

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'm down to this. got in the trailer and ready to clean every thing before I get it sand blasted. I don't have a sand blaster but I found a guy who will do it all for $100.00:laughingteeth: I think it would cost me that in sand and time if I had one.

0326011444.jpg

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are getting a good deal on the sandblasting, according to costs in our area. I know that you will update us when the sandblasting is finished and I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts