Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going back and forth on whether or not I want a sleeve hitch or a 3 point on my 1250......Does anyone know of a 3 point for sale for my 1250 at a reasonable price? I know the cost of the sleeve hitch but if I could get the 3 point for about the same $ I may just flip a coin

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
I can make it easy i don't have a 3 point in right now for the large frame.As two your question which to have i would have the 3 point over a sleeve as you can do more with it and with the A frame you can also use sleeve hicth attachments on the 3 point can,t use 3 point stuff on the sleeve.The 3 points are hard to come by so for the mean time i would get the sleeve hitch until you could find a 3 point.

·
757 Posts
The Tubeframes used sleeve hitches and were never made to have a 3pt hitch....
actually i know there was ones made for the xl and the qt tractors but the transmissions where different on the tube frames ... i wounder if bolens had a proto type 3pt for the tube frames

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
actually i know there was ones made for the xl and the qt tractors but the transmissions where different on the tube frames ... i wounder if bolens had a proto type 3pt for the tube frames
Yes, there were 3pts for the XL and Q series Bolens. In my years of collecting Bolens and literature I have never seen or heard of a 3pt on a tubeframe

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
anyone got a pic, of sleeve hitch for a 1054?
The 1054 is a tube frame, and there were no 3-pt hitches for the tube frames.

I guess it's possible that there may have been some homemade ones, but they weren't commercially available, nor have I ever seen pictures/plans of one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts