Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing the rebuilt Wisconsin S12D in the 1250. Pulled the spark plug out and spun it several times to get the fuel pumped into the carb. Threw the new plug in and it spun about three times and FIRED right off. This tractor REALLY sounds good and no more smoke screen.

The carb is tuned ok however, at medium to high speed it seems to "roll" up and down a little. How do I tune this carb?

If I get the chance tomorrow I will post a video and maybe get some pictures of the finished project! :D

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
MH81 said:
Thanks for the update Newt, glad to hear she's running again and you can see where you're going.
:ditto:

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,267 Posts
PennsylvaniaNewt said:
The carb is tuned ok however, at medium to high speed it seems to "roll" up and down a little. How do I tune this carb?
It is not uncommon, if there is no load on the engine. ......You may be able to "rich-en" the fuel mixture slightly to reduce the surging.

The carb is best adjusted so that under load, the engine accelerates from idle to top speed without "spitting" or smoking black smoke.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Also check the governor settings. If the linkage is inserted into the wrong hole, the engine can "hunt" a little at full throttle. To follow up on Bruce's suggestion, does it also surge under load?

Reactions: Bolens 1000
1 - 6 of 6 Posts