Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there.

Next project on my list is to sort out my exhaust back to 'sorta' stock. I do not like how it is so close to the operator's position, especially when my kids will be on the machine. Can someone post some detailed pictures of a stock system? Especially how the pipe fitting goes into the block and then connects to the muffler pipe? Thank you.

Attachments

·
92 Posts
In. I need to know this too, mine has nothing on it now, kind of loud lol. I do know it runs parralel to the ground pointing forward

·
Super Moderator
54,039 Posts
Where's the Bolens gurus when you need them?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But I did notice how clean your garage floor is.

Dick
Ha! the house is three years old and my single bay (which is plenty stained) has a busted compact tractor sitting in it so we had to make room in the hallway for this project.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
my muffler was rotted to nothing best thing i could find is a farmall cub muffler and as far as that pics that come from the motor to the exhaust are NLA from bolens but there just cast pipe fittings 2 45*s 1 90 and a 3in or so niple

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, here's what we came up with. Not pretty, but it cost me the price of a 1" pipe union to build (the rest either came with the tractor or came out of the scrap pile!). I forgot to pivot the axle before mounting the muffler, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it clears. It is really small in diameter and close to the frame, so I don't think it will be a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
If I may comment on your'e system ,,,,, there seems to be no room for vibrations.. I too have galvenized pipe comming from engine..

A 1 3/4" from engine head male thread.. ( I think thats the size ) to a 45 degree elbow,, then another 2" peice,, Male to male- Then a 2" diamiter muffler pipe to the muffler out to the front..Where the front of the muffler attatches,, I have a small spring looped around the muffler outlet,,then attatched to the mounting bracket...This gives room for vibrations and engine movement..Hope I explained it and hope you figure it out...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, I was wondering about that. I know the engine has isolation mounts so it can flex, but I'm unsure as to how much it will move. One thing I have going for me is that the front mounting tab on the muffler is very 'weak' - only 1/8" x 1/2" flat bar, so I am hoping it will move a little there. If things start cracking, I'll have to redesign it. Can you post a pic of your setup?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts