Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever pulled a engine 14 hp out of a bolens 1402 with a rear driveshaft. I sure could use some advice on the procedure. Are the motor bolted from the top or bottom. Is it easier to pull the driveshaft with engine or try to diconnect it from motor. Attachment of what it looks like. The model of the engine is a briggs 14 hp the model # is 400437 type is 012201. Any help would be great

Attachments

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
First remove the hood. Next unhook the wiring harness and the choke, throttle and fuel line and remove them through the firewall and hang out of the way. Next unhook the spring on the pto Idler pulley and remove the belts. If I remember correct you can not get the motor unbolted from the cradle as there is not enough room so find the 4 bolts that mount the cradle to the tractor and remove them they are located at each corner and have the rubber mounts. As for the drive shaft I beleave that one has the two piece driveshaft and will slide right off as it is lifted out if not the two bolts will need to be removed from it.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First remove the hood. Next unhook the wiring harness and the choke, throttle and fuel line and remove them through the firewall and hang out of the way. Next unhook the spring on the pto Idler pulley and remove the belts. If I remember correct you can not get the motor unbolted from the cradle as there is not enough room so find the 4 bolts that mount the cradle to the tractor and remove them they are located at each corner and have the rubber mounts. As for the drive shaft I beleave that one has the two piece driveshaft and will slide right off as it is lifted out if not the two bolts will need to be removed from it.
Thanks for the info.Got every thing apart except the driveshaft think I might need a big hammer . Stuck on engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts