Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Jared and I'm new to the forum but have found it very helpful in reading many of the other posts. I've got a Bolens model 15FD02 walk behind tractor and looking to find a hub pawl for it. According to the parts manual I got when I picked this tractor up it is part number 1702961. If anyone knows where I can get one of these hub pawls could you let me know? Thank You

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Jared, Welcome to GTtalk. One of the Site Sponsors should be able to help you out. Good Luck and post some photos of your tractor.

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Jared, welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear someone else is keeping the old walk behinds alive!

We have a couple great Bolens guys on here that may just have what you need.

Ben W.

·
1,206 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have a few members that are very knowledgeable on those tractors. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Welcome to GTT :wave:

We would love to see some pictures of your machine when you get a chance

I dont have any extra pawls to offer you right now so you may want to check one of our other sponsors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad there are other folk out there that like to keep the equipment alive. :wave: Here is a couple photos of the Bolens Super Versa-Matic. I picked it up and it came with various attachments like a disc, a front mount mower, a front mount sickle bar, two different cultivators, and a V bottom plow. I used it many times last year in the garden and the year before when I worked up and re-sowed the yard. It worked great. The Kohler K91 runs like a champ and usually fires up on the first or second pull. The re-coil starter isn't in the best of condition so I wrap the rope around the starter cup. At the end of last season is when the hub pawl threw the towel in. If your standing at the handle bars it's the right side hub pawl that broke but I don't know that it matters if it's left or right side. Gun stuff 1000, I'd be interested in getting at least one hub pawl but since you said you have several I'd like to get two of them. The spring that holds it in place, it looks the Greek letter for Omega, looks to be in good shape so for now it should be just a hub pawl. How can I get in contact with ya about completing the transaction? Thanks. Jared :usa: 100_0774.JPG 100_0775.JPG

Attachments

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Great looking tractor, looks like the engine was replaced at some point as they should be the same color as the tractor.

You are also lucky you have a belt guard on yours as 9 times out of 10 they are missing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts